Welcome to Rising Tides. We are a no word count, AU Percy Jackson and the Olympians roleplay set in a time where Percy and his friends never existed. Camp-Halfblood has been peaceful-- or about as peaceful as a camp full of demigods can be. Recent unexplained events have put the gods against each other. With these tensions rising, how much longer will it be before war breaks? When registering, please do so with first and last names in all lowercase. If you make a mistake, that's fine. Ask a staff member to correct it. But we would ask that you do not make a habit of this. Please feel free to look around and make an appearance in the cbox! We love new members and we hope that you choose to stay and be a part of the Rising Tide community!
welcome to rising tides .
blitzy
jessica
dakota
nikola
avery
finley
adelaide
our lovely staff.
The miniprofile is courtesy of Lauz @ shine. Site codes and templates made by the staff for Rising Tides. Please do not steal them. The characters found on the site belong to their creators respectively. The world of Percy Jackson belongs to the amazing mind of Rick Riordan. The original Rising Tides plot and site belongs to Cora, and earlier admins Dae and Blitzy.

skinned exclusively by darren criss. aka becky @ atf, shine, lass, cc & caution. toggle cbox code goes to kismet.

roll the red carpet .

reply to topic start new topic start poll

» i'll let your fields burn around me, finley's
adelaide phillips
 Posted: Jul 24 2014, 03:34 PM
finley • 8
16 • hephaestus
Group Icon

Meet Adelaide A. Phillips. Her parents are the god of craftsmen, Hephaestus, and a tired, poor waitress who she hasn't seen in two years, Beatrice Phillips. Addie was raised in a cheap apartment on the edge of Long Island. Her childhood was pretty uneventful, even for a demigod. Her mother was constantly at work when she was younger, and Adelaide learned how to take care of herself. She was always a few steps behind her peers when she attended school, but she made up for her lack of book-smart with cleverness and her knack for figuring out how things worked (including other people). She was brought to Camp Half-Blood by her mother at her father's insistence, and she has stayed for two full years. She's currently sixteen years old.

Like her mother, Adelaide is a bit rough around the edges. She's independent and doesn't like to feel like she has to lean on anybody else for help. She likes the feeling of being in control of her own life, which is partly why she's stayed at camp year-round instead of going home. She spends a lot of time tinkering with inventions and machines around the Forges, since she feels most comfortable around other children of Hephaestus. She also frequents the Beach and the Arts and Crafts Cabin; she wanders around camp as she pleases.

If someone is looking to be a friend of Addie's, they're certainly welcome to try to befriend her. She's pretty hard-headed and she isn't one to express her feelings. If she's friends with someone, they tend to just know it. She doesn't make a big deal out of it, and she will rarely discuss her relationship with a camper to that camper. It's something that goes understood without being said. This isn't to say that Addie is a neglectful or hostile friend; she just doesn't like to get all feely-feely. She's pretty protective of those she cares about, especially her siblings. Addie is willing to listen to any problems her friends have, and if she's able to, she'll solve it.

Enemies aren't something Adelaide is really worried about but stuff happens. She doesn't have much of a filter, and her temper is short. She doesn't like dealing with people who waste her time or don't give her the same respect that she gives them. She can usually keep her emotions in check, but every now and then, things slip out. She might have a handful of these, but she probably won't have tons.

Adelaide hasn't dabbled much in love before, but I figure her romantic relationships are pretty similar to her friendships. Again, she doesn't like to discuss her feelings much. Unless it's someone she's really comfortable with, Addie will definitely be a bit awkward around those she has a crush on. I can imagine her getting flustered and nervous around a boy she likes/is dating. There's nothing pre-set here, so it's open.
ADELAIDE PHILLIPS
16, Hephaestus, Addie.

pm
^
alexander wickham
 Posted: Jul 25 2014, 11:05 AM
mari • 65
eighteen • hephaestus
Group Icon

alexander & adelaide!

older brother reporting for duty! lol, i think they'd get along pretty well since they both have similar personalities. he tends to stick to the forge and his siblings for company and although he interacts with other houses, it's not often. he can be a bit of a big one and doesn't like the aphrodite or ares cabins because of how their parents have had their affair behind his father's back. one of my other characters (jaslyn) is a daughter of aphrodite and hates alex with a passion because they dated and when things started to get serious he broke up with her just because he didn't want to give her the chance to hurt him. he feels somewhat bad about that but that's how deep his distrust of the two houses runs. so jaslyn could be a possible enemy since she definitely can't stand alex and has probably said more then a few negative things about him.

here is my plot page if you want to take a look at all the character's i have to see if any of them jump out at you.
pm
^
adelaide phillips
 Posted: Jul 25 2014, 02:45 PM
finley • 8
16 • hephaestus
Group Icon

addie&mari's characters
Yay, siblings! Addie is definitely super close with her half-blood family. I figure that when she first arrived at camp, they would have been her only friends and really the only people she was willing to talk to. Since they do have pretty similar personalities, maybe they first met when she arrived and Alex sort of took her under his wing? Though she's not super outgoing, Addie is pretty nice and pleasant towards people; I don't see her catching on with the dislike for Aphrodite and Ares. However, she certainly won't be too happy about Jaslyn saying bad things about her big brother. Addie would most likely retaliate in some form, probably with a rude comment. Maybe Adelaide and Jaslyn don't full-on hate each other, but their distaste for each other is clear. Thoughts?

As for the rest of your characters, Andromeda sticks out a bit. Someone who Adelaide can have a light-hearted friendship with could be cool. She doesn't really mind what other people say, so Andromeda not having a filter won't really be a problem. In fact, Addie would probably think it's funny. They could have a sort of casual friendship going on.
pm
^
alexander wickham
 Posted: Jul 26 2014, 11:18 AM
mari • 65
eighteen • hephaestus
Group Icon

my babies & adelaide!

all of that sounds perfect to me. alex would definitely take her under his wing and the relationship for jas and adelaide sounds good to me. she doesn't hate all of hepheastus's children but she a lot more wary of them now and she definitely has some colorful things to say about alex. andromeda is always ready for new friends. we'll have to get some threads started for these guys.
pm
^
simone asriel
 Posted: Aug 3 2014, 01:53 AM
belle • 40
15 • Aphrodite
Group Icon

I think Simone and Addie are similar, they both grew up in New York, and Simone also feels like she doesn't need any help. This could mean either them becoming friends, or becoming enemies...?
This is her application page, and this is her plot page. What do you think?

--------------------
Simone Eleanor Asriel
pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options reply to topic start new topic start poll

affiliates
RPG-DNIGHTMARE.RISE OF HADES
ARMY OF JUSTICEdisney personified potterverseGuardians Arising rising court Third WorldFire as My ChampionErised Lost
darren criss. @ atf, shine, lass, cc & caution.

Sitewide Event